Dear friends and guests:
The Lodge opens for the 2021 season on June 4! We can’t wait to see you all out here in the fresh air of the Eagle Cap Wilderness. Like everybody, we are making some changes in response to the global health crisis, and want to make you aware of them. Some of the changes you can expect to see include:
- Reduced maximum occupancy: we are taking some units off-line to hold the total guest count down.
- Roomier dining: we are moving tables further apart, utilizing our spacious deck when the weather permits, and will be soliciting volunteers to dine on their cabin porch.
- Less lounge seating: we are moving some lounge furniture out to accommodate more generously spaced dining.
- Plated meals (or family-style for your party) instead of our traditional family-style dining.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols.
- Credit cards only for purchases (no cash please).
We are lucky to have 126 acres at the Lodge for everybody to have lots of space (not to mention 361,446 acres of adjacent wilderness!) but please bring a face mask or stylish bandana for appropriate times, such as riding in a small airplane.
Because we know it is hard to make plans right now, we also have suspended our usual 60-day notice requirement for changes and cancellations. If you need to reschedule, just give us a call and we will be happy to help you.
On behalf of the whole team, we look forward to seeing you at the Lodge!
“The jagged, white-granite peaks, sparkling lakes, and wildflower-covered meadows of the Wallowa mountains make this range one of the most beautiful in the nation.”
Enjoy the wilderness in comfort in one of our lovingly built log cabins, wall tents or a cozy room in the new Lodge.
Join us for intimate family-style meals featuring the bounty of our wilderness garden, local farms and artisans.
The 361,446-acre Eagle Cap Wilderness is filled with approximately 535 miles of scenic trails and rivers for hiking, horseback riding, and fishing.
For more than 60 years, the lodge has welcomed visitors seeking an authentic experience in an unspoiled place surrounded by protected wilderness.
The lodge is located just steps from the wild Minam River, accessible only by an 8.5-mile journey on foot or horseback, or by chartered flight.
Check out upcoming events, feature stories on the Lodge and more.
“The bits of wilderness left to us are only tiny islands. The Minam River is one.”